Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ironies and Some Explosion…

Over the weekend I was with my baby and spent the time with my brother who was visiting the metro with his girl… It was a wonderful night at MOA for the opening of the 4th International Pyromusical Competition. New stuff for me since I simply notice formations and colors whenever witnessing one but this time I saw synchronization to music and the experience was different.

There was just this bar who for the duration of the display vehemently allowed its band to play especially even when the participants’ national anthem were being played before each set. Maybe their patrons were there to stay longer after the event but couldn’t they at least shut-up and give way to the occasion for at least the hour? I paid much more than I would rather spend to listen to the music and fireworks display and not to the rather stupid songs I hear daily from the radio! Made me want to throw the quarter empty bottled water at them – but what would it do to me after? I can hurl the bottle and give realization to my ranting and cause a riot to shut them up… but there is quite a distance and I may end up hitting some innocent bystander or worse the complex guard trying hard to talk them out to stop (as ordered by maybe by their supervisors or as complaints were piling up)… I could also sprain my arm since I haven’t been doing any exercises for quite some time now, and so I decided it is just to tiresome and too risky to do it one way or the other besides I was beginning to scare my girl for building steam…

The fireworks display started and I was impressed… the performers either had no choice but to stop since no one was listening to them anyway or were also dazzled by the light display towards the bay… I smirked… The choreography was awesome and I can hear everyone with their wows and ah’s… I have let out some of mine as I would appreciating any good performance I witness. Then in between some pauses and silence some thought hit me that, maybe they just have to go on with the show no matter what… One song is worth something out of the set for the night – I am paid hourly regardless whether I was sleeping waiting for my projects to finish or meticulously tracking and re-tracking each project progress, while they may be getting paid per song and one song out of their list or prospected request from their patrons could mean few bucks cut off their pay for the night… I felt a thud in my chest with the light and sound explosions as the musical accompaniment hits its crescendo… the music fades… the final sparkles burn out from view… I thought I did not hear any cheering from the crowd instead I heard the waves splash and break through the rocks… the harbor lights and the approaching plane lights came back to view… we were oozing through the crowd passing the un-wavered performers… I noticed they sing good… a gust of sea breeze blew and tickled a smile off my face…

No comments:

Post a Comment